New advanced courses are out! Cart discount code: hey30off (expires Nov 4th 2021) --> Go check out the courses!
Step 1 of the 9 step web creation. Getting the brief (and not boxers).
All jobs start with a brief, and all good jobs start with a good brief. So let’s go over some questions you can think about when talking to the new potential client.
Some useful questions:
- Website for a new business? Refresh?
- What is the purpose?
- What would you like to do with it?
- What is your product? What does it do?
- Competitors? How are you different?
- Audience? Who’s a good customer? Who’s an ACTUAL customer?
- Describe your company?
Some extra questions
- Have you registered the domain?
- How are your emails set up?
- What type of site? landing? one page? multi? ecommerce?
- Do you have an idea of what to put in the navigation menu, or what pages?
- Do you have the text content? Do you need copywriting?
- Do you have images? Do you need to hire a photographer? would stock images work?
- Do you have a brand set up?
- Will you be updating content regularly? Will it be fairly regular? Do you need a maintenance package?
That’s a lot of questions haha.
Do you have any more important questions that I missed? Anything to add? Anything else you’d like to hear me cover? Please let me know in the comments!
News & articles
Volkswagon has a new logo
Design trends in mobile
FreeFrontend is pretty cool
Especially this one.
The Caniuse for mail.
(I hate outlook)
“Simple Design” by Breaking Benjamin (from their album “We Are Not Alone”)